Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Rockstar Wedding Photographer Workshop

I just recently attended my first workshop ever and let me just tell you how excited I am to use all the valuable information I learned there on you guys!! Wow! What a group of awesome people and the photography talent there was just amazing! I had such a great time sitting in class learning and then in the afternoon going out to shoot and practice what we learned! I felt like I was in college all over again and I LOVED it! Thanks Corey McNabb for putting on such an awesome workshop!!

Day One: Sunday October 28th

Today we all met up for a meet and greet type deal. Corey's studio was very nicely decorated and his wife Jill made us all awesome drinks!

Day Two: Monday October 29th

Today was our first class day. Everyone had their laptops out and was ready to learn. I felt like I was in college again and LOVED it! After we came back from lunch we went to UNC Botanical Gardens and photographed a couple there. I have really been working on getting some awesome sunflare in my pictures and I am really proud of this one shot I got there. Thanks John and Anna for allowing us to follow you around like popparizi!









Day Three: Tuesday October 30th

Today we learned about sales and marketing. Adam Linke from Pictage also presented and showed us some neat things their company has to offer. For lunch we all headed to this AWESOME barbeque place called 12 Bones! After lunch we headed over to Biltmore to shoot and learn.

Corey showing us some albums Pictage offers:





Corey:

Larry:

Adam from Pictage:

Christine and I practicing shooting with the camera on our hip!:



Kortney:

Hadley and Kevin:




Amber:




Day Four: October 31..Halloween!!!

Today was jammed packed of all kinds of good things that I cant wait to incorporate!! There was a night shoot that I missed to be able to spend Halloween with my kiddies! I am a Mommy first! I waited way to long to get thier Halloween costumes and when I finally made time to order they were sold out on Pottery Barn. Thank goodness for EBAY!!



Only two of us were happy about this picture...

Storm was a dragon:

Hudson was a spider:


Day Five: November 1

Today was headshot day. We all went out and took pictures of each other. Here some of the shots I got:

Sophia:

Zac:

Aaron:

Jon:

Vicki:

Tom:

Here are some shots that Zac got of me:



Day 5: November 2

I was so excited about Amber Holritz's presentation on her business. She is an awesome lifestyle photographer from Chattanooga, TN. After class we went along with her on a baby session and to not freak the baby out we observed while she photographed. The family that we photographed was so sweet. They sang songs to baby Hank and they laughed and played the whole time. They had even taken the time to have us snacks and drinks when the session was over. Thanks Chuck and Cendi for letting us have class at your house!


Images below are courtesy of holritzphotography.com




Others not pictured:

Ty Miller
Regina Holder
Jill

Heres a slideshow of the week:
Rockstar Wedding Photographer

3 comments:

Jayne Hathaway said...

I love the wedding pics that you took!!! It makes me want to get married all over again since I didn't have a pro photographer! :)

hadleygoodman said...

your photos are great! we had such a good time working with you guys! My favorite is the one of kevin looking straight at the camera and me looking at him.

Anonymous said...

ok I hope I don't drive you crazy!!! I've just really enjoyed looking at your blog. Where and how can I find out about workshops like that? I would LOVE something like that!

Julie